Sources: Unleash the Power Within by Tony Robbins, Becoming Your Best Self by Mike Bayer
Goal setting is a crucial aspect of success in any area of your life. It involves identifying your aspirations, creating a plan to achieve them, and taking consistent and persistent action to make them a reality.
In this guide, we will explore the goal-setting process to help you find inspiration, develop a roadmap toward success, and harness the power of your subconscious mind.
Table of Contents
- Step #1: Identify and Write Down Your Goals
- Step #2: Assign a Timeline
- Step #3: Choose Your Wildly Important Goals
- Step #4: Reflect On Why
Step #1: Identify and Write Down Your Goals
Write down everything you want to have in your life and what you are no longer willing to settle for. Explore EVERY possibility of what you could do, be, have, create, experience, or contribute to without doubting your capabilities.
Also, don’t limit yourself to certain areas. Consider your physical, mental, social, emotional, and spiritual well-being. Write down everything you’d like to improve and be specific to ensure you have a clear roadmap to success.
- What goals do you have for your company?
- Would you like to take your company public?
- Would you like to become the leader in your industry?
- What steps can you take to increase your income or revenue?
- Do you want to achieve a certain level of financial abundance, and if so, what does that look like?
- How much investment income would you like to have so you no longer have to work?
- Do you want to become a supervisor, manager, or CEO?
- What steps can you take to reduce your debt and increase your savings?
- What are your retirement goals, and at what age do you want to retire?
- Do you have a plan for investing your money, and if not, what steps can you take to start investing?
- Are you interested in real estate investment, and if so, what steps can you take to start investing in real estate?
- Do you have a budget in place, and if not, what steps can you take to create a budget and stick to it?
- What investments would you make?
- How much money do you want to be able to spend on travel and adventure?
- What physical well-being goals do you want to achieve?
- Are you looking to lose weight or gain muscle?
- How can you improve your physical well-being?
- Do you want to get a massage every week or every day?
- Do you want to create the body of your dreams?
- Do you want to join a gym and actually use it?
- Do you want to hire a vegetarian chef?
- Do you want to complete the Iron Man Triathlon in Honolulu?
- Do you want to conquer your fear of flying?
- Do you want to overcome your fear of public speaking?
- Do you want to overcome your fear of swimming?
Sex / Dating / Relationships
- Do you want a harem of women?
- How many women do you want to date/sleep with?
- Who do you want your friends to be?
- Who do you want to be?
Social Circle / Lifestyle
- How skilled are you at communicating and listening?
- What social connections do you want to make?
- What steps can you take to improve your social skills and build new relationships?
- Who do you want your friends to be?
- What are some things you would like to have if there were no financial limitations?
- What activities or experiences would you like to have if money were not an issue?
- If a genie granted you any wish, what would you want most in the world?
- Take time to write down everything you could ever want, have, do, or experience without worrying about money.
- What adventures would you like to go on?
- What experiences do you want to have?
- What exotic locations do you want to visit?
- What extreme sports or activities do you want to try?
- What luxurious or indulgent experiences do you want to have?
- What unique or once-in-a-lifetime opportunities do you want to take advantage of?
- What toys or gadgets do you want to own?
- What collections or hobbies do you want to pursue?
- What luxurious or indulgent items do you want to purchase?
- What unique or one-of-a-kind items do you want to acquire?
- What experiences or activities do you want to have access to?
- What innovations or technologies do you want to be able to use or enjoy?
- What adventures or experiences would you like to have with your family?
- What cultural events or festivals would you like to attend?
- What historical landmarks or attractions would you like to see?
- What sports events or tournaments would you like to attend?
- What is your relationship with the voice in your head?
- Are there character traits that you want to improve?
- What are some skills you want to master in your lifetime?
- What character traits do you want to develop?
- What activities challenge you and help you grow?
- Are there any fears you want to conquer?
- What steps can you take to improve your mental health and emotional well-being?
- How do you plan on improving your time management and productivity?
- What mental abilities would you like to develop?
- Would you like to learn a new language or skill?
- What do you want to learn?
- Who d you want to study or learn from?
- Do you want to study the Dead Sea Scrolls?
- Do you want to learn how to dance and/or sing?
- Who else would you like to study with?
- Would you like to take in a foreign exchange student?
- How can you volunteer your time or skills to make a difference in your community?
- What causes or issues are important to you, and how can you contribute to them?
- Are there any non-profit organizations you would like to start or support?
- How can you use your talents or expertise to mentor someone and help them reach their goals?
- What products or services can you create that will benefit others in need?
- In what ways can you be a role model for others and inspire positive change?
- Are there any causes or issues you would like to advocate for, and how can you make a difference?
- What important topics or issues can you educate others about to raise awareness and encourage action?
- How can you support the work of an existing organization that is making a difference in your community?
- How can you help others develop their skills, knowledge, or abilities to improve their lives and the lives of others?
Step #2: Assign a Timeline
Review your list of goals and assign a timeline ranging from 1 year or less to 5, 10, or 20 years. Setting a deadline for your goals creates a sense of urgency and motivation, helping you prioritize and set the forces required to achieve them in motion.
Step #3: Choose Your Wildly Important Goals
From this list, choose the most important one-year goal in each category.
These WIGs should be challenging yet attainable and give you a sense of excitement and satisfaction if achieved. Make sure these medium to long-term goals drive your life forward.
Step #4: Reflect On Why
Spend time every day reflecting on why you’re committed to achieving each goal within the year. Write down the benefits of attaining the goal and the potential drawbacks of not achieving it.
Identifying your reasons for pursuing your goals motivates you to persist and succeed. Remember, your commitment and diligence in working towards the goals will ultimately lead you to success.